Texas Home Living (TXhml)
The TxHmL program provides essential services and supports to Texans with an intellectual disability (ID) or a related condition so they can continue to live with their families or in their own homes. TxHmL services are intended to supplement rather than replace the services and supports you may receive from other programs (such as the Texas Health Steps) or from natural supports, including your families, neighbours or community organizations.
What do I need to be eligible for TxHmL?
To be eligible for TxHmL, you must:
• Live in your own or family home.
• Have a diagnosis of ID or a related condition plus an IQ of 75 or below
• Have mild to extreme deficits in adaptive behaviour.
• Be eligible for Medicaid
• Not require intensive one-to-one supervision to prevent dangerous behaviour
• Have an individual plan of care approved the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS).
• Not be enrolled in any another DADS Medicaid waiver program such as the Community Living Assistance and Support services program or the Medically Dependent Children program.
Medically Dependant Children’s Program (MDCP)
The Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) provides services to support families caring for children who are medically dependent and to encourage the transition of children in nursing homes.
Who can get services?
• You must be under 21. If under 18, you must live with an adult family member (such as a parent, guardian or sibling) or with a foster family that includes no more than four children unrelated to you.
• You must be a U.S. citizen or an alien with approved status who lives in Texas.
• You must meet Medicaid eligibility guidelines including:
- be a low-income family with children, as provided in §1931 of the Social Security Act;
- be receiving Supplemental Security Income;
- be eligible for Medical Assistance Only; or
- meet eligibility for all other mandatory and optional Temporary Assistance for Needy Families criteria in the Texas Medicaid State Plan.
• You must meet the medical necessity determination for nursing home care.
• You cannot be enrolled in another waiver program.